Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About the Role:
What You'll Do:
- Design and implement high availability database architectures in AWS, and partner with developers and SREs to build new infrastructure
- Continuously monitor and improve database usage via query and index tuning, schema updates, partitioning, etc., and collaborate with developers to code optimized database queries
- Plan and execute disaster recovery scenarios, and build dashboards for database health and alerting
- Perform Terraform deployments of database instances, users, groups, and permissions, and manage database upgrades and migrations with minimal downtime
- Take on-call duty to respond to production incidents
What We're Looking For:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience, and 3+ years of experience working with PostgreSQL 9.4+
- Production experience in a high-traffic environment with PostgreSQL
- Experience provisioning PostgreSQL databases in AWS with tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible
- Experience with monitoring and log tools like Datadog, New Relic, Sumo Logic
- Experience with other databases like DynamoDB, Redshift, Snowflake is a plus
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.