Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About the Role:
As a backend engineer, you will play an integral part in designing components and platform for exciting new services within KeepTruckin’s Freight product line. You will implement scalable features and work on a fast-growing, enthusiastic team, eager to make a significant impact by connecting the world’s trucks. We are looking for engineers who are driven by impacting and revolutionizing a space where the last major technical innovation was the invention of the diesel engine. We are seeking strong team players with solid communication, collaboration, and people leadership skills
who thrive on innovation and continuous improvement. We pride ourselves on our culture, and our ability to work effectively across a highly diversified team.
What You'll Do:
- Work on the design of new software services that power freight products, and actively work on our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Come up with creative, outside-the-box solutions for complex problems, and write scalable, secure, and maintainable backend services code
- Define high-quality APIs that enable building loosely coupled distributed systems
- Actively participate in writing unit tests, improving quality, and performing code reviews, as well as in full SDLC process in a CI/CD centered development
- Collaborate with the product teams and own the execution of features
What We're Looking For:
- BTech/MTech in Computer Science or related fields and 1-to-4 years of software development experience
- Experience with Golang, Java, or Scala, and working with databases, and the willingness to learn new technologies
- Experience building services with REST, gRPC, GraphQL or similar API endpoints, and using relational databases (ex: PostgresDB) and no-sql databases (ex: DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra) is preferred
- Experience in shipping major features/components in production and working on large scale distributed systems is a plus
- Familiarity with the following technologies is a big plus: Play Framework, Sangria, Docker, Kubernetes, Bazel, and PostGIS
- Mastery of cloud infrastructure (specifically AWS), and experience with Agile/Scrum, SaaS, and enterprise applications is preferred
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.