We Can Code - is the academy for the upcoming generation of Software Developers. Engineering professionals from KAYAK share their experience and knowledge to strengthen your skills and kickstart start your career in Software Engineering.
- Week 1 - October 3 - Kaunas: Introduction
- Week 2 (October 10) - Frontend 1 - Basic concepts (HTML, CSS, JS, TS) and Starting React App
- Week 3 (October 17) - Backend 1 - ASP.NET API, Controllers, Services, swagger, CRUD operations
- Week 4 (October 24) - Frontend 2 - Hooks, components, calling APIS, routes and TS in React
- Week 5 (October 31) - Backend 2 - MySQL db setup, repository layer, usage in service
- Week 6 (November 7) - Frontend 3 - Publishing, abstractions, testing, state management
- Week 7 (November 14) - Backend 3 - Code structures, tests, best practises, design patterns
- Week 8 (November 21) - Break Week (no lectures)
- Week 9 (November 27) - Project Presentations
- Week 9 (November 28) - Closing ceremony
Time and Place of the Academy:
The academy will take place in KAYAK office Karaliaus Mindaugo pr. 38 (Magnum Business Center), Sector B, 4th floor.
- The lectures part of the academy will happen on Tuesday evenings, after 6pm.
- The projects part will be done at an individual pace in parallel.
What's next after the academy?
All participants who complete the academy will get the graduation certificate. The best performing students of the academy will have the possibility to start their career in a paid internship program at KAYAK with opportunities to join a full time position after successful onboarding during the internship!
Sign up before 22nd September, get the invitation to complete the task and be invited to join the We Can Code Academy.
At KAYAK, we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars, and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands, including swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi, and HotelsCombined. Although employees may have a solid dedication to their respective brands, there are numerous benefits to sharing their strengths and insights. By working together, we can enhance people's experiences with dining and travel, allowing them to immerse themselves in the world.
KAYAK is part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.