KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are looking for smart, ambitious, and creative developers with a passion for learning, huge curiosity and focus on achieving outstanding outcomes. You will join the international team that is developing compelling user experiences for hotel owners and their guests. As a catalyst for complex projects and initiatives, you will work closely in a cross functional team to develop innovative features redefine the hotel industry landscape. If you're an engineer who loves solving complicated problems, building creative solutions and wants to be a part of a team of similarly skilled, driven individuals, we'd love to hear from you!
In this role, you will:
- Work independently on solutions and designs with minimal oversight
- Produce scalable, high quality, and accurate work
- Estimate efforts accurately and executing with pace
- Show good judgment in software architecture;
- Use metrics to validate decision-making
- Own communication with key stakeholders on assigned projects
- Easily relating technical subjects to non-technical audiences
- Show leadership within direct & cross-functional teams
Please apply if you have:
- 5+ years of meaningful work experience developing web applications;
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math);
- Experience building layouts using CSS and HTML;
- Knowledge of performance considerations, especially with respect to browsers;
- Ability to debug issues in a full-stack environment
- Experience working in Java, C#, or a similar object-oriented language a plus, but not required
Benefits and Perks:
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work from almost anywhere
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No Meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this remote United States based role is $115,000-$165,625.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus, equity grant; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.