KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Due to the nature of payroll processing, this position does require ~3 days in office per week (Stamford, CT).
In this role, you will:
- Ensure payroll is paid timely and accurately
- Manage payroll change processing – annual increases, retro pay, commission, bonuses, benefit deductions, location moves and terminations via integration feeds
- Process tax changes, direct deposits, garnishments, tax notices pension payments, deduction goals, and retroactive adjustments in ADP
- Process/audit/reconcile RSU’s on quarterly and annual basis
- Maintain payroll records and follow established SOX processing procedures and company policies to ensure compliance.
- Partner with the HR/People Systems teams to ensure payroll data flows seamlessly via Integration interface Payroll.
- Partner with Local Payroll Provider to process semi-monthly payroll for Mexico, and Canada
- Process wire payments for Brazil employees and verify payroll processed by Local Payroll provider
- Act as a point of contact for employees and managers
- Support month and close for questions relating to GL entries and PTO accruals and provide payroll reports and explanations
- Prepare ad hoc and management reports upon request from various internal departments, such as financial planning, corporate tax, and corporate 401k team
- Audit integration feeds from HRIS to ADP on a bi-weekly basis and send Operations Team questions on related payroll issues
- Audit and process integration feed for Time + Attendance for all hourly employees on a bi-weekly basis. Process terminations ad hoc for states that have Final Pay Regulatory Requirements. Process off-cycle payrolls when needed.
- Run reports monthly and quarterly for benefits, 401k, FSA and W2’s
- Handle queries via Zendesk Management system for payroll queries
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Please apply if:
- 4-6 years of recent payroll processing
- Bachelor’s in accounting, finance, or business administration preferred.
- Highly analytical and with strong knowledge of payroll protocols.
- Software Experience – Workday, ADP, Excel (i.e. V-lookup).
- Ability to maintain data confidentiality and have a strong sense of professional integrity.
- Have excellent attendance and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to details and strives for consistent accuracy.
- Proactive, flexible, assertive, and creative approach to problem solving
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude. Ability to adapt and change when needed
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
There are a variety of factors that go into determining a salary range, including but not limited to external market benchmark data, geographic location, and years of experience sought/required. The range for this United States located role is $80,000-$102,000.
In addition to a competitive base salary, roles are eligible for additional compensation and benefits including: annual cash bonus; health benefits; flexible spending account; retirement benefits; life insurance; paid time off (including PTO, paid sick leave, medical leave, bereavement leave, floating holidays and paid holidays); and parental leave and benefits.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”