KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
"Love numbers" is one of KAYAK's core cultural values, and being the leading travel search engine worldwide means that we have a lot of numbers and data. Our marketing data science team uses that data to better enable KAYAK to share our product with travelers around the globe. We want to enable everyone to be confident in travel planning.
Our team's projects can draw from the following skills: assembling data sources from square one, parsing and cleaning data, mining for insights, building and improving models, crafting and running experiments, communicating results and giving recommendations to partners outside our team, and driving business decisions or technical changes to our product.
A sample of projects that our team at large works on include:
- Building predictive models used by our in-house bidding platform
- Building bidding / budgeting algorithms, and running experiments to analyze its impact
- Building reporting solutions to monitor performance metrics across marketing channels.
- Forecasting business KPIs, optimizing budget allocation across marketing channels
- Running experiments for impact and user journey analyses.
- On the cutting edge of marketing, we use NLP and image processing techniques to optimize ad creatives and landing pages.
We are looking for a “full-stack” data scientist with an emphasis on data analysis to join our team. An ideal candidate will take full ownership of driving analysis driven projects to gain insights from data while bringing stakeholders on board with evidence-based reasoning and compelling storytelling. They will draw insights from data, bring statistical rigor, and partner with product managers and other data scientists on the team to build/ maintain and improve our existing data driven models.
This position will be based in the Cambridge (US) office.
Please apply if:
- Masters or higher degree in statistics, data science, computer science, economics or any other quantitative field
- Experience with hypothesis testing, experimental design, sample size calculations, statistics and ability to draw conclusions giving sophisticated treatment to real-life data uncertainties
- Extensive experience with data manipulation, extraction using relational and/or NoSQL databases
- Ability to write scalable, maintainable code (we use Python) for drawing inference from data
- A storyteller's approach to analysis: not satisfied with only "what", but "why?", "how?", and "what next?"
- Desire to make business impact, loves problem solving and develops creative, tailored approaches
- Great communication skills- capable of bridging business and technology
- 2+ years of industry experience in a related role
- Natural Language Processing / Natural Language Understanding experience is a plus
- Online advertising / E-commerce / marketing domain experience is a plus
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work from almost anywhere
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No Meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI - BB1