KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
In this role, you will:
KAYAK is seeking a dedicated and highly-motivated Manager, Commercial Partnerships who will support and grow our commercial activities through relationships with our distribution partners across the Hotel product.
To be successful you have a deep understanding of consumer behaviour, are detail oriented, have outstanding analytical skills and the ability to work closely with KAYAK’s engineering, product, and business teams. You are a self-starter and able to thrive in an agile, dynamic and data-driven environment.
- Build, negotiate, and maintain business relationships with distribution partners on the Hotel product. This includes optimising relationships in terms of revenue generation and to benefit KAYAK’s product and users.
- Analyse and monitor partners’ as well as product and content performance on KAYAK using business and user metrics. Be proactive in identifying, investigating and addressing gaps or issues.
- Effectively liaise with a cross functional team and develop positive relationships with external (distribution partners) and internal team members (KAYAK commercial, engineering, product, finance, campaign management and media solutions teams).
- Understand the competitive landscape of travel search sites and grow industry knowledge within the team to help formulate and implement business strategies to improve our holistic business. This includes technically, commercially and across product / marketing.
- Optimise, document and improve processes / tools and develop best practises
Please apply if you have:
- Significant relevant Partnership management experience (travel industry, ecommerce, digital marketing, management consulting or investment banking experience is a plus).
- Highly detailed, strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must
- Self-starter with a willingness to “roll up your sleeves”, taking ownership of projects, solving issues and scoping opportunities as they arise.
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously, while prioritising appropriately.
- Ability to effectively liaise with a cross- functional team and comfort interacting with senior members of the KAYAK team across globally located offices.
- Highly proficient in Excel and constructing presentations, with intermediate to advanced MS Office skills.
- A proactive personality that fits with the KAYAK workplace culture.
- Good sense of humour and loves working in a fast-paced environment with a flexible structure.
- Fluent in English written and spoken. Second European Language a plus.
- BA/BS degree, MBA degree a plus
- Travel requirement – 10-20%
- Vacation: you accrue 25 days a year
- One Celebration Day per calendar year
- Wedding days: 2 days off for your own wedding and 1 day for a relative´s and a Moving Day
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work.
- 10 weeks of paid parental leave for fathers
- Social Committee: Join in and become involved in organizing/creating our fun office outings
- Pension Scheme
- Supplementary Accident Insurance
- Health insurance subsidy
- Lunch Check Card
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.