KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
In this role, you will:
Be a Senior Accountant supporting the GL Accounting process at KAYAK/OpenTable. The Senior Accountant is responsible for many aspects of GL-related activities: accurate application of US GAAP, recording accounting transactions (monthly, quarterly, annual), performing balance sheet account reconciliations and account analysis. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills, is a strong communicator, flourishes with process improvement and enjoys working in an ambitious, fast-paced environment to support our continued growth.
- Responsible for monthly close activities including preparation of balance sheet reconciliations (e.g. bank, prepaids, accruals, fixed assets and accruals).
- Prepare accounting entries and account reconciliations for various financial activities.
- Contribute to on-going development in GL accounting processes, identify and communicate improvements.
- Support Accounting Managers to understand and analyze the maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Prepare monthly financial statement fluctuation analyses for management reporting.
- Assist or prepare schedules to support regulatory, statutory, or management reporting to ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting.
- Work cross-functionally with and support our business partners by providing financial insights and relevant reporting.
- Assist with the development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Identify areas for operational improvement, provide recommendations and complete the changes.
- Deliver on ad-hoc projects / deliverables as necessary.
Please apply if:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field
- 2-4 years of work experience in a GL accounting role within a multinational group or Top 6 audit practice.
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of US GAAP a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a requirement, along with a high level of attention to detail
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”