KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is looking for an expert Java architect who can help us with designing and developing new backend features. The ideal candidate is able to quickly gain proficiency in a large-scale distributed system while making significant contributions that exceed scalability, performance and security requirements.
In this role you will:
- Design and development of new highly scalable features in KAYAK's backend that powers web sites and APIs that are used by millions of users
- Full stack development from the data store up to the API
- End-to-end ownership of backend features including testing, monitoring and troubleshooting
Please apply if you have:
- 6+ years Java experience, experience with using the Spring framework is a strong plus
- 6+ years experience with relational databases, key/value stores and document stores
- 4+ years experience with web application development, proven understanding of foundational web technologies
- Consistent track record of building highly scalable and performant systems
- Experience with containerization and hybrid cloud architectures is a plus
And if you are:
- A strong team player with attention to detail
- Someone who can prioritize multiple requests with frequent interruptions and handle their own work while taking infrastructure and business needs into account
- Must have excellent technical communication skill
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Work from (almost) anywhere policy
- Free lunch catering 2 days per week and all the snacks you need
- Generous retirement plans
- Universal paid parental leave
- Public transportation subsidies
- Bike leasing possibility
- German classes
- Free massages
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams and in-house gym
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.