With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
Reporting to the Cash and Collections Manager, North America, the Cash Supervisor is responsible for delivering operational objectives through effective management of the Cash team. This position will also be influential in building the Cash strategy for all customers. This role will partner with accounting, enterprise systems, sales and others to accomplish objectives, key metrics, and drive efficiencies across the team. We're looking for an individual who can lead a team, is exceptionally analytical and diligent to detail, a strong relationship builder (internally and externally), and motivated to drive results.
The Cash Supervisor must have strong finance, organizational, and leadership skills. This person will oversee the team's daily cash application; bank statement reconciliation, cash reporting, payment processing, and all functions related to cash flow and payment processing.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the performance of the Cash team and provide timely feedback
- Supervise and mentor the cash team on cash processes, product and system knowledge
- Identify issues, monitor performance, and assist in problem resolution
- Ensure team process documentation, training materials, and guides are kept current
- Optimize Cash reconciliation functions by providing constructive feedback and process gap analysis
- Responsible meeting month end cash reporting and bank reconciliation deadlines
- Oversee bank statement Reconciliation process for multiple bank accounts across different currencies
- Initiate applicable trainings and provide constructive feedback to teams associated with payment processing and customer cash flow
- Assist in team's daily tasks as needed and prepare account analysis or management reporting on an ad hoc basis
- Communicate well and influence colleagues
- Research and analyze issues impacting daily processes
- Assist in cross-functional projects and enhancements
Please apply if:
- College degree preferred
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Finance Operations
- 1 to 2 years Accounting Experience
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational, time management, and planning skills
- Sharp and inquisitive mind
- Ability to dive into detail, whilst remaining curious to the wider picture
- Excellent influencing and analytical skills
- Ability to understand issues and solve problems in a timely manner
- Proven ability to work across many departments to solve problems and achieve results
- NetSuite systems knowledge is a plus
A few of the benefits you get at OpenTable—
- Work from (almost) anywhere; wherever you do your best work
- Focus on mental health and well-being
- Company paid therapy sessions through SpringHealth
- Company paid subscription to HeadSpace
- Company-wide weeks off each year - the whole team fully recharges (and returns without a pile-up of work!)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Generous paid vacation + time off for your birthday
- Paid volunteer time
- Health, dental & vision plans
- 401k with company match
- Focus on your career growth
- Enriched learning and development opportunities
- Leadership development
- Access to thousands of on-demand e-learnings
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
“Remote work allowed”