KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
We are looking for backend Java developers to help improve and maintain KAYAK’s world leading search and booking technology. We integrate with over 200 travel partners and link to over 500,000 hotels and 550 airlines. You will be an essential part of a high powered team that keeps all of this running smoothly – helping millions of people find the best ways to travel from A to B every day!
In this role, you will:
- Implement new backend booking and search features
- Create and maintain existing integrations with third-party APIs
- Improve existing backend features with an eye towards speed and user experience
Please apply if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Solid backend experience specifically with Java (multi-threaded experience)
- Spring, HTTP, XML, JSON, SQL
- Bonus Points: Git, Apache, MySQL, Tomcat, AWS
- Comfortability in a fast paced startup environment
- Hands-on mentality and are self-motivated
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Ability to work from almost anywhere
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No Meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.