Kayak Software is seeking a motivated, self-starter for our DevOps Engineer position. This position is responsible for the health, testing, and architecture of system platforms that support the live production site and other internal systems.
DevOps Engineer Job Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains mission-critical information extraction, analysis, and management of systems.
- Implements new technologies to enhance our environment.
- Provides direct and responsive support for urgent production issues.
- Participates in architecture and software development activities.
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Uses open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases encountered within the project.
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve problems with custom workflow.
- Collaborates with others on the projects to brainstorm about the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem.
- Performs incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation.
DevOps Engineer Qualifications/Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Process-oriented with great documentation skills
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (IT experience can substitute for a BS degree)
- Familiarity with Docker, Elastic Search, LAMP, internet technologies
- Skilled in scripting in Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, or other related languages
- Experience in GIT, best code practices, puppet
- Experience with a non AWS, on premise virtual environment
- Significant experience with Linux operating system environments
- Experience with troubleshooting via Kibana or other tools
- Previous experience in a java environment
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is part of Booking Holdings Inc. and operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Work from (almost) anywhere policy
- Free lunch catering 2 days per week and all the snacks you need
- Generous retirement plans
- Universal paid parental leave
- Public transportation subsidies
- Bike leasing possibility
- German classes
- Free massages
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams and in-house gym
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.