KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will join a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated Manager of Commercial Partnerships who will help lead and grow our commercial activities in Japan, by building and managing business relationships with our travel partners.
You will have a good understanding of consumer behaviour, strong sales experience, analytical skills and the ability to partner closely with marketing, product, engineering and business teams. You will be self-starters and able to thrive in an agile, fast-paced and data-driven environment and represent our brands in Japan.
This position will be based in either Taipei, Tokyo or Sydney and report to the Regional Director, APAC. Business-level proficiency in English and Japanese and English is essential.
In this role, you will:
- Formulate and complete business for the region, looking holistically across commercial, sales and technology with the key focus of growing revenue for both KAYAK and our business partners.
- Promote KAYAK’s business model with new and existing distribution partners in flight, hotel, rental car and trains.
- Have a passion for user-centric digital products, identifying and filling content gaps versus competitors.
- Partner with a cross-functional team, including marketing, finance, engineering and product teams, to identify, raise, and resolve issues
- Measure and analyse business and product performance quantitatively, providing thought leadership on appropriate metrics and product tests.
- Source and handle advertising campaigns and identify and maintain media agency relationships to sustain sales effort.
- Manage, promote and develop a strategy for long-term sustained success in Japan.
Please apply if:
- 3+ years of experience in e-commerce or consumer tech companies (Travel industry or management consulting experience is desired)
- Eligible to work in Tokyo, Taipei or Sydney.
- Business level proficiency in Japanese and English is essential.
- Demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated, multifaceted relationships, with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills combined with strong attention to detail.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- A self-starter who is able to work independently and navigate across a global organisation.
- Leads projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritising appropriately.
- Embody the KAYAK ethos - Be Bold, Love Numbers, Win As One. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are a must
- Work from "Almost" Anywhere! No minimum days are required in the office.
- Mental Health Well-being: 6 company paid therapy sessions, subscription to a meditation app, wellbeing speaker series and resources.
- Annual Health and Wellness Reimbursement.
- 1 floating day off per year to celebrate your birthday or another occasion of your choice.
- Additional company sponsored holidays twice a year.
- Monthly catered office events.
- Learning and Development opportunities.
- Universal Paid Parental leave.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the communities we serve. We know that we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes with diverse teams. KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform job responsibilities, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#li-ek1 remote work allowed #LI-Remote