The People Operations team at OpenTable|KAYAK is all about improving the employee experience while always considering efficiency and scalability. As a People Operations Coordinator you will play an important role assisting employees and managers with our global People processes and systems while also being a subject matter expert on Germany requirements and policies.
In this role you will:
- Be the first point of contact for managers and employees for HR policies, HR life cycle processes and Workday system questions or issues across the region.
- Support our regional People Partners with all HR processes, policies and procedures to ensure company compliance, recommending any changes or enhancements to meet the needs of the business.
- Be responsible for overseeing employee lifecycle coordination including onboarding, offboarding, role changes, leave requests and promotions and partnering with payroll, compensation and IT operations and other HR functions to ensure these are processed accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain up to date employee HRIS records ensuring the data is regularly audited - taking ownership and being accountable for your regions data.
- Act as the connection point for all questions and queries from the business, other operational departments and the wider HR team providing speedy and efficient responses or directing these to the relevant areas.
- Working with the appropriate internal and external resources to support mobility and immigration needs across the region.
- Be an internal employee champion; raising issues as appropriate and collaborating with other teams to address their needs and concerns.
- Assist with new hires, coordinating all the elements of their on-boarding and serving as a resource for them and for their manager.
- Assisting with activities related to payroll processing.
- Identity any gaps in local HR processes and collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure these are filled inline with global processes and local legislation.
- Collaborate proactively with the global team to manage and improve HR Operations workflows that support the team and the wider business.
- Participate in team-identified projects/initiatives and any ad hoc projects.
- A passion for all things Operations with 2+ year’s experience working in a HR Operations role, preferably a multi-national or global company.
- Solid working knowledge of employment practices in Germany with a curiosity to learn more about our other regions.
- Experience with HR technology, specifically Workday, and Microsoft Office products.
- A well organised, structured and analytical approach to HR Operations.
- A strong sense of accountability with the desire to execute quickly and accurately.
- Strong German language skills; both spoken and written.
- Worked in a multi-national or global company.
- Degree, diploma or certificate qualification in Human Resource or relevant work experience.
- Workday experience would be a plus.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- We offer flexible working policy so you can work from anywhere in Germany or join us in our office in Berlin
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
- Universal paid parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable|KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.