We are looking for a Senior Analytics Manager to support KAYAK’s NORAM commercial team. This is a business-oriented position, but attention to detail and strong analytical skills are essential. This person should feel comfortable working with large amounts of data, be self-motivated and proactive in analyzing, investigating and organizing information found across multiple datasets and sources. This person will be working with different departments (Commercial, Finance, Product, Marketing) and will be building cross-functional relationships.
The successful individual will be able to conduct multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, adapt to changes and a fast paced environment, maintain relationships with senior leaders, and own deliverables end to end.
This position can be based in Stamford, CT or Boston, MA and will report into the Team Lead based in the Zurich office.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
· Be the go-to data expert in the region and work close to the NORAM team leads to define KPIS and develop medium to long-term strategy to grow the business and relationships with key partners
· Develop and implement tools and processes to transform raw data into business insights to be used for decision making and strategic planning
· Manage, coach and develop a team of 3 analysts
· Monitor daily performance of all verticals for North America: be on top of traffic changes, shifts in business metrics, product updates and A/B tests
· Support the commercial team by advising and fulfilling all partners' reporting and internal analytics requests; clearly communicate key findings and tactical recommendations
· Maintain and assure data quality in dashboards and reports for internal use
· Be a lead in driving cross-functional projects and continuously improve internal processes and data sources
· BA/BS degree required, preferably in Business, Economics, IT, or similar
· 7+ years online industry experience. Travel industry experience a plus
· 2+ years of experience managing direct reports
· Excellent MS Excel and G Suite knowledge
· Strong experience with SQL and relational databases
· Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
· Experience with reporting systems and software visualization tools. Knowledge of Tableau, Cognos, Salesforce a plus
· Results-oriented, with high attention to detail, strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to liaise with different stakeholders, handle multiple requests at the same time and prioritize their own work
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also redefining the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
- 4 weeks paid vacation (plus a day off on your birthday)
- Flexible hours
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending accounts
- Headspace subscription
- No meeting Fridays
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist*
- Regular team events/excursions*
- Universal paid parental leave
Note for Connecticut Residents: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.