KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel!
We are currently seeking a Pan-Regional Country Manager who will be at the center of our activities for the US Hispanic Markets, Central America, Panama, Ecuador, Bolivia, Paraguay, Uruguay and the Caribbean. The Country Manager is responsible for growing the KAYAK business and coordinating/carrying out business development, advertising sales with direct partners and through media agencies, product ideas and localization. Also working closely with the PR & Marketing team to build the most relevant strategies for the market, while being KAYAK’s authorized spokesperson.
This position will be based in Miami and will report and be supported by the Senior Regional Manager of Colombia, US Hispanics, CENAM and the Caribbean, who holds the market responsibility.
Please submit all applications in English.
A US working permit is required.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and increase the investment of the actual partners of the region that include airlines, hotel chains, car rentals and others.
- Build and grow new business relationships with partners for different verticals such as flight, hotel, car rental, tourism boards and other industries.
- Prospect affiliate partners bringing efficient traffic to KAYAK
- Prospect and handle barters, content partnerships and any kind of alliances that leverages business
- Prospect and run KAYAK’s sale of advertising placements to new and existing partners
- Build and develop relationship with media agencies
- Identify gaps & enhance existing relationships in terms of revenue generation
- Help coordinating localization efforts and optimization of the local KAYAK site, with our central IT, quality management and marketing departments, to provide the best user experience possible
- Work along with Commercial and Marketing teams to find opportunities for market
- Support handling the PR agency and coordinate PR efforts; act as a representative of the brand in the market, supported by the Latin America Marketing team.
- Alignment with other Country and Sales Managers in the region to identify and improve synergies between markets
Please apply if:
- Deep knowledge and field experience of the Miami digital and online environment.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the digital industry selling digital advertising products. Travel industry experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skill is a must (advanced excel is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Ability to manage complex, multi-faceted relationships
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Proven track record of exceeding expectations through superior project management
- Ability to manage projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Ability to effectively liaison with both internal technical teams and senior members of KAYAK
- Good sense of humor while working in an unstructured, fast paced environment
- BA/BS degree required, graduate degree preferred
- Travel requirement: 25%
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI - BB1
#LI - Remote