KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
As part of a small but highly-efficient KAYAK SEO team, you will collaborate with partners in the company, to plan, develop and implement meaningful and impactful SEO strategies at scale.
Our team values risk-taking, allowing team members the responsibility to make business decisions based on data. The role offers phenomenal independence from the get-go, with access to a dedicated development team and a wider network of product analysts and managers to collaborate with to achieve business impact.
In this role, you will:
- Help set and implement the SEO strategy for 36 domains (in 33 countries) with up to 8 travel verticals each.
- Find opportunities to continually test and iterate on landing page templates, modules and content to improve both user experience (e.g. conversion, bounce) and SERP performance (e.g. CTR, rankings).
- Whilst you’ll be involved in the full spectrum of organic search you will mainly focus on: keyword analysis for onsite improvements and new landing page opportunities, CTR experiments, content creation strategies, technical SEO audits, planning pages for international “white hat” link building.
- Work closely with the dedicated SEO development team to ensure the best results for key SEO projects - setting clear briefs and requirements, testing schedules and delivering post-implementation analysis back to the wider team and business.
- Coordinate your efforts in the team and with partners across the global organization (e.g. Marketing and Business Development).
- Work with a variety of sophisticated internal and external SEO tools to analyze opportunities, quantify performance and monitor competitors
- Contribute your own ideas and act as a credible and influential member of the organization.
- Take full ownership and accountability for your work and designated responsibilities.
Please apply if:
- At least 3 years of proven experience in the SEO industry (preferably with an in-house team), other digital marketing experience is a plus.
- A strategic understanding of large-scale SEO: projects that scale globally and bring measurable results.
- You monitor the latest developments within SEO but only believe what you have challenged yourself.
- Proficient in modern front end markup
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent quantitative skills – proficiency with numbers and data analysis is essential.
- Results oriented, detailed, highly organized, creative, resourceful.
- Fun, ethical teammate.
- Comfortable with responsibility, able to develop a project independently once goals are set.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget *
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies *
- Free German classes *
- Free Yoga classes *
- Free massages from Wellnow *
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
- Universal paid parental leave
(*paused due to COVID)
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members.
OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.