KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
This role requires the individual to be the eyes and ears of KAYAK’s European Headquarter in Zurich and all-round office angel!
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining a great and safe place to work that supports the evolving needs of our team, as we are experiencing with hybrid work-from-office / work-from-home models. The role of Zurich Office Manager is demanding and bursting with variety, hence you need to be a great all-rounder and an expert multi-tasker. We see you as the backbone of our office, the glue that binds everyone together and the first person employees will approach when there is an office problem, which can range from the serious, to just needing the right milk in the fridge.
This role is also the first point of contact for office suppliers and for all visitors, creating the first impression of KAYAK. The position reports to the office lead(s) of the Zurich office.
Tasks and objectives:
- Manage our office facility in Zurich to ensure the office is in shape, clean, tidy and a great place to work
- Manage relationships with suppliers to the office, e.g. cleaning company, office supplies, groceries, repairmen, building management, local hotels; review and approve office vendors bills
- Manage office supplies and budget including stationery, snacks, and drinks
- Welcome visitors, employees and candidates to KAYAK’s European Headquarters, answer inbound phone calls, sort, scan and manage daily post and couriers
- Help arrange travels and meetings for team and guests where necessary
- Support office seating planning, configure space, purchase office furniture and update décor
- Potentially manage the move to a new office location
- Manage internal benefits such as massage, language classes, sports, etc.
- Bring in new ideas to increase productivity and motivation of the team
- Organize and coordinate a variety of office events including in-office meals and company outings / social events, Christmas parties, “Do Good” activities etc.
- Provide ad hoc support to the team as needed, run errands
- Assisting with the organisation of KAYAK events
- Put together presentations for various departments, using Google Slides
- Maintaining and forecasting local office budget needs
Please apply if:
- Relevant education, e.g. KV/Business School, Hospitality School
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in Switzerland as an Office Manager, Facility Manager and/or Hospitality role, with understanding of daily office operations
- Strong English and German language skills is a requirement, any other language is an asset
- High level of autonomy, ability to juggle several unique tasks at once, ability to solve problems independently, common sense
- Dynamic, flexible and willing to roll up their sleeves and participate in a range of areas of the business
- Super-organised, willing to go above and beyond
- Attention to detail and a keen interest to learn and succeed
- Basic computer skills
- Fun, ethical, passionate teammate, a good listener with an open ear for employees
- Taking strong ownership of the local working place
- Good negotiation skills
- Focus on continuous improvement
- Open-minded and a strong communicator
- Capability to think up to 6-12 months ahead is required
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.