KAYAK is looking for a passionate data science manager to lead the marketing measurement team. The measurement team is responsible for assessing how marketing activities across all channels impact our users and our market performance.
Marketing is critical to KAYAK's growth globally and a big part of our business strategy, hence the marketing team is investing in data science and analytics to drive the investment and optimization strategy.
As a manager, you will have the opportunity to develop the frameworks and roadmaps to solve marketing measurement challenges in an efficient way, work with the senior management to align on priorities, and closely work your team to build the robust measurement solutions. This role involves working closely with the CMO and other leaders in the marketing organization to help them make better data-informed strategic marketing decisions. This role reports into the VP, Performance Marketing & Analytics.
- Manage and mentor a high-performing team of data scientists and analysts on a day to day basis working on challenging marketing measurement problems but also collaborating and participating hands-on in multiple projects.
- Own the entire marketing experimentation lifecycle- planning, design, implementation, analysis, and coordination with the relevant marketing teams.
- Transforming analysis into meaningful insights and recommendations towards strategic decisions within marketing that align with business goals.
- Establish innovative ways to understand and seek exciting marketing problems which include deriving valuable data driven insights through the discovery of patterns and trends, experiment designing and evaluation, marketing mix and attribution modeling, lifetime value modeling etc.
- Collaborating and knowledge sharing with the wider marketing technology group that includes data engineering, data science, machine learning and software engineering teams for building scalable and generalizable solutions.
- Stay at the forefront of changes given the marketing data landscape and maintain a roadmap to navigate changes in data privacy and marketing platform technology.
- Grow your team, develop a career development plan for the team members, build team skills, provide training and identify career opportunities.
- 5+ years of professional experience in the field of data science & analytics and/or marketing
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Experience of working as an analytics leader in a data-driven company and aligning with the executive leadership to establish an analytics roadmap and inspire change is desirable.
- Experience with hands-on statistical modeling (such as regression modeling, a/b testing, significance testing, etc), knowledge about machine learning (such as predictive modeling, decision trees, classification models, clustering techniques), and time-series analysis.
- Strong technical competence to perform detailed and advance analytics:
- Ability to write high quality, scalable, maintainable code (we use Python)
- Deep expertise with SQL querying using relational databases (e.g. Snowflake, MySql, Vertica)
- Proven track record to build high impact and successful teams, while possessing a collaborative, non-hierarchical and humble leadership style. Mentorship and team growth is central to this role.
- Excellent communication and soft skills. You will regularly present analysis to influence marketing leaders.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation (plus a day off on your birthday)
- Flexible hours and ability to work from home 1 or 2 days per week
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans with flexible spending accounts
- Headspace subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist*
- Regular team and group events/excursions
- Universal paid parental leave
*Currently paused due to COVID
momondo is a free and inspirational global travel search site comparing cheap flights, hotels and car hire deals. We think everybody should be able to travel the world, because travelling makes us more open-minded and tolerant.
We offer a global brand that is more than merely a functionality: it is a bold and colourful travel universe that inspires people to travel the world and to be curious about other people, places, cultures and ways of living. Headquartered in Copenhagen, momondo serves travellers in more than 30 international markets. momondo is managed by KAYAK.
We’re all passionate about our work, and we all take great pride in opening the world together with our fellow travellers. As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others’ strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings Inc., the world leader in online travel and related services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
6 weeks paid vacation
Day off on your birthday
Pension plan contributions
No stupid meetings
Lunch catering five days per week
An awesome office in the city center of Copenhagen
Multiple social events, e.g. wine and beer tasting, football, yoga, Friday bars, foosball
A great team of social and passionate professionals
Flexible working hours
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.