KAYAK and OpenTable help people discover the world through travel and dining with a worldwide group of brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. The Localization Team based in Berlin serves KAYAK and all its affiliated brands in 65 locales and 48 language variants. You will be joining a multicultural and diverse team of Localization Managers passionate about building a quality native experience for users all over the world. You will be responsible for coordinating a variety of localization projects and optimizing processes to ensure a balance of end quality, speed of delivery, cost and partner satisfaction. This role reports to the Localization Project Management Lead and is based in Berlin.
Localization Project Coordinators at KAYAK will support the Localization Project Management Team in project handling, delivery, workflow and quality optimization for a specific business area or brand, working in close collaboration with the relevant teams across the business.
An analytical mind, effective communication, outstanding project management and problem solving skills as well as a knowledge of localization and internationalization are essential to this role.
- Coordinate, implement, and lead testing of incoming and outgoing product features to confirm quality conformance to specifications and quality deliverables
- Analyze and investigate product complaints or reported quality issues to ensure closure in accordance with company guidelines
- Provide trainings on QA tasks to our pool of freelancers and be the point of contact for all QA projects
- Facilitate kickoff and debrief meetings if necessary for larger projects
- Work together with our Talent Manager on LQA to monitor linguistic performance
- Ensure requests are delivered on time and to quality standards
- Use databases, spreadsheets and various tools to track localization projects (JIRA)
- Update documentation on localization processes and ensure information is always complete and up to date
- 2+ years experience in QA, localization testing or a similar role
- Knowledge of quality assurance terminology, methods, and tools
- Experience working with complex workflows and high-volume projects
- Proficient use of JIRA
- Fluent in English
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal and a keen eye for detail
- Strong teammate, encouraging collaboration with internal & external partners
- Organizational and time-keeping skills
- Analytical, data-driven and problem solving skills
- Experience in translation / localization industry
- Proficiency in one of our other supported languages
- Project management experience
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget *
- Free lunch catering three days per week *
- Public transportation subsidies *
- Free German classes *
- Free Yoga classes *
- Free massages from Wellnow *
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
- Universal paid parental leave
- currently paused due to COVID
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK / OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our partners. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.