Trade your daily grind for a career that lets you show off your passion for travel. Join KAYAK to build the travel tools that our users dream of, and develop your own ideas during our Hack Weeks. Be the first to play with new and exciting travel features (while getting paid for it).
You are a smart, ambitious, and hardworking developer with a passion for learning and delivering. You will be responsible for developing compelling user experiences for millions of prospective travelers every day. As a catalyst for complex projects and initiatives, you will work closely with other teams to develop innovative features and keep our product ahead of the competition. If you're an engineer who enjoys travel and wants to be a part of a team of diverse, collaborative, and driven individuals, we'd love to hear from you.
- 4+ years of meaningful work experience developing visual web applications
- Experience developing with a modern UI framework or library (React preferred)
- Quick built custom pages using CSS and HTML
- Knowledge of performance considerations, especially with respect to browsers
- Ability to debug issues in a full-stack environment
- Preferred: Familiarity with Java, C#, or a similar object-oriented language
- Are passionate about an intuitive user experience
- Have a good eye for design details
- Estimate effort accurately and execute with pace
- Work independently or collaboratively on solutions
- Use metrics to validate decision-making
- Effectively communicate with key stakeholders on assigned projects
- Easily relate technical subjects to non-technical audiences
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their flawless flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget *
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies *
- Free German classes *
- Free Yoga classes *
- Free massages from Wellnow *
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
- Universal paid parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
* Currently paused due to COVID