KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is looking for a data-driven Digital Strategy Associate to join our LATAM Commercial team. This role will work closely with the Head of Strategy to use data to identify, quantify and prioritize opportunities and develop strategies to drive revenue and user growth for KAYAK in LATAM.
This position is based in our Miami Office and will report directly to the Head of Strategy.
In this role, you will:
- Continuously monitor internal metrics to understand all performance trends in the LATAM region, as well as external factors that could have an impact on the business
- Work with the Commercial team on strategic partner accounts, acting as a consultant to analyze performance, find insights and recommend optimization strategies
- Develop business cases for standard methodologies and detailed implementation frameworks to optimally scale the use of successful strategies
- Support the creation of client facing presentations that showcase insightful yet easy to digest use of data
- Support in the creation of dashboards that highlight overall performance metrics as well as opportunities for growth in a concise manner
- Work closely with the Marketing team to monitor overall search trends and analyze the incremental impact of marketing campaigns
- Develop strong relationships and work closely with cross-functional teams, including marketing, finance, engineering and product teams, to identify, escalate, and resolve issues
Please apply if:
- BA/BS degree in a business or technical related field required
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in a highly analytical role - preferably in consulting, banking, digital media, travel or technology industry.
- Intelligently analyze data, identify trends and craft insightful recommendations based on your observation and interpretation skills
- Strong business acumen - ability to connects the dots, how to navigate constraints and understand what really matters in KAYAK’s industry/business model to drive growth
- Highly proficient in data analysis using Excel / Google Sheets
- Data visualization master, must be great at building insightful presentations that tell a story as well as proficiency with data visualization tools such as Google Data Studio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to confidently and effectively collaborate with other team members to reach company goals
- Strong prioritization skills in order to appropriately run projects of varying size and scope simultaneously
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SQL a plus
- Fluency in Spanish/Portuguese a plus
- Generous paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly Catered Lunches
- Free massages from professional massage therapists
- Universal Paid Parental Leave
Diversity and Inclusion
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#LI - BB1