KAYAK & OpenTable is seeking an energetic Financial Accountant to join us in Sydney as part of the APAC Finance Team. We are a group of highly motivated, impactful individuals who love numbers as much as the story behind the numbers. We have a hard-working culture, but we also know how to have fun.
- Support the month-end close process and the day to day accounting processes of multiple entities across APAC, including preparation and review of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparing and posting accruals, prepayments, recharges, amortisations and other journals.
- Preparation of statutory reports and assist audit activities as the need arises.
- Preparation of management reporting to key partners, including detailed insights into operations and results.
- Ensuring all inter-company transactions are accurately processed.
- Ownership of General Ledger structure and associated reporting.
- Ad-hoc involvement and support in wider finance projects.
Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Commerce or Business.
- CA/CPA qualified.
- 2-4 years proven experience in Financial Control in a global organisation.
- Experience with accounting systems (NetSuite experience is a plus).
- FX exposure and experience in importing will be highly regarded.
- US GAAP experience is highly regarded.
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail.
About Our Team:
Our Finance team supports the business: we provide reports, pay the bills and our people, collect money, crunch numbers and meet exacting compliance standards and targets – and we have fun while doing it. We enjoy working together and with our cross-functional colleagues around the world. We value integrity, personal accountability and proactive thinking, and we take pride in mentorship and in crafting opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Does this sound like you? If so, let’s chat!
At KAYAK we help millions of travellers around the world make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travellers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Fast-paced and entrepreneurial culture.
- Hybrid model with a mix of work from home and work from a fabulous office near central CBD!
- Work with a really inquisitive, fun group of people.
- Relaxed dress code.