KAYAK & OpenTable is seeking a dynamic Payroll Manager to join us in the EMEA Finance Team, based in London or Zurich. We are a group of highly motivated, professional individuals who love all things numbers, controls and compliance. We have a hard-working culture, but we also know how to have fun.
The ideal candidate is always curious, embraces change and thrives in an ambiguous rapid-growth environment. You are detailed, highly organised with plenty of hands-on payroll management and processing experience. You have an eagerness to improve processes and execute, and excel both working independently and collaborating with colleagues.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of 15 EMEA payrolls through the use of Cloudpay (in-house) and/or management of payroll service providers.
- Ensure employees receive accurate remuneration by the agreed pay dates.
- Ensure full compliance with all payroll related payments and reporting requirements (e.g. payroll taxes, fringe benefits, stock-based compensation, global mobility); collaborating with HR, Accounting, Finance Operations, Tax and Legal to address the full picture.
- Act as the senior escalation point on all payroll related employee queries and issues (vendor, compliance, reporting/accounting etc.); taking ultimate responsibility to ensure these are sufficiently addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Act as the in-house payroll subject matter expert, in respect of the work performed by external service providers as well as internal projects.
- Manage and develop direct reports to support payroll operations and succession planning.
- Manage the payroll service provider relationships, including quality of service and budgets.
- Lead on ad hoc projects such as in-housing payrolls, accounting support; act as the payroll lead on wider projects such as international expansions.
- Professional payroll qualification (CIPP or equivalent) and/or professional accounting qualification.
- Significant proven experience either in professional practice or in-house roles; with the proven ability to deliver accurate and timely payroll processing/payment and meet compliance requirements.
- Demonstrable interest and knowledge of payroll and related HR/Accounting systems; Cloudpay, Netsuite and WorkDay is preferred.
- Proven ability to collaborate with multiple partners to lead transformational change and process improvement.
- Strong people management experience (both onsite and remote direct reports), with a keen interest in mentoring and developing individuals.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to communicate confidently and professionally at all levels within the organisation.
- Solution focused and hands-on with the ability to prioritise and deliver multiple tasks in order to meet conflicting timelines.
- Strives for excellent business support and embraces change with an open and honest approach to communication.
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travellers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travellers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalised hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We seek to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our partners. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.