Technical role focused on a lot of coding, quick turn around, and very dynamic continuous feature rollout. Usually involves building a solution a couple times to find the good way of doing things and combining input from multiple stakeholders. Requires a wide range of experience with various libraries, frameworks and technologies. It involves a lot of transparency, gathering needs, doing presentations and communicating with different developers to ensure tools and practices are adapted by various teams. Very limited product work and heavily geared towards UI tools, website performance and coding. Typical time slit 90% frontend and 10% backend.
Responsibilities & Challenges
- Oversee, optimise and improve modern custom UI stack and build scripts;
- Improve, upgrade and maintain UI rendering framework (React, Node Js, Java, Less);
- Profile and improve performance of server side and client side;
- Monitor UI server rendering health and prevent or fix issues, memory leaks;
- Drive technical debt reduction, oversee code quality and influence other developers;
- Build developer tooling, research new technologies and solutions and integrate them;
- Refactor and optimise existing code, standardise, create architecture and prototype software solutions between teams;
- Working with geographically distributed teams;
- Analyse data and run experiments.
- 5+ years of significant responsibility for the design, implementation, testing and deployment of complex web applications;
- Advanced experience working with Node Js and Node React server side rendering;
- Experience with one or more front-end frameworks: React, Angular, Vue, etc;
- Deep knowledge of UI performance considerations, with respect to browsers, UI frameworks and rendering techniques;
- Experience with JS unit testing libraries and approaches;
- Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math);
- Experience working in Java, C#, or a similar object-oriented language;
- Motivated goal seeker, always open for improvement.
Benefits and perks
- Fully remote work possibility;
- Lunch twice a week;
- Opportunities to work in any KAYAK office around the globe;
- Flexible working hours;
- Day off on your birthday;
- Regular team events/excursions;
- Additional paid paternity leave;
- Generous healthcare insurance;
- Headspace subscription;
- No stupid meetings;
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Architect’s salary consists of three parts.
Base part: when joining us early in your career your salary may start from 2720 EUR neto (after paying tax). Being more experienced, your base salary may be up to 3700 EUR neto (after paying tax) for this position.
- meaningful yearly bonuses, approx 10 percent annual salary;
- Booking Holdings RSU (Restricted Stock Units) package, worth 20.000 USD (before taxes) with possibility to get it every year.
Salary range provided is not final and will be discussed during the process based on your skills and experience.
At KAYAK we help millions of travellers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travellers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.