Sr. Manager / Director, Strategy & Development, KAYAK Hotels
Miami, Stamford, Cambridge
We’re looking for a highly analytical and strategic leader to join KAYAK’s Hotels team to lead our growth efforts. As the Sr. manager / Director of Strategy & Development for KAYAK Hotels, you will work closely with the KAYAK Hotels leadership team to drive strategic growth of the hotels portfolio as well as own the evaluation of new partnership opportunities. This role will report into our SVP of KAYAK Hotels.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and able to work with cross-functional teams, manage multiple initiatives, and wear a variety of hats as needed. This teammate will drive strategic portfolio growth through deal analysis, market assessments & positioning, and performance evaluation. You will use market and property data to develop financial models is critical; and underwriting experience is a huge plus. This person will also drive strategic analysis and prioritization as we evaluate partnerships with real estate, operating, and technology organizations.
If you’re passionate about working in high growth environments and working autonomously in a constantly evolving reality, we’d love to talk to you!
- Manage the review and growth of the KAYAK Hotels pipeline, including evaluating opportunities, underwriting, manage reporting, and providing recommendations on prioritization
- Perform market and financial analyses including market assessments, feasibility studies, contract valuations, M&A analyses, and other special projects
- Drive high-priority critical initiatives for the Hotels team from scoping through execution
- Serve as internal consultant to various departments to deliver industry-leading analysis and advice to key business partners
- Translate market and industry insights / trends into measurable growth objectives
- Support business development and partnership opportunities
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree or equivalent from business, real estate or hotel school
- 8+ years of experience in management consulting, business operations, financial/investment analysis, real estate finance
- Proficient use of Excel (use, audit and modeling) and Microsoft Office generally
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Travel up to 25% of the time for work purposes, both domestic and international
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with internal & external clients of all levels, in a team environment as well as independently
- A passion for travel and hospitality
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also redefining the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Benefits and Perks:
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable:
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.