The primary responsibilities will be to lead the global GL accounting and cash management functions. This role will own the day-to-day accounting operations and month end close for certain account balances as well as overall cash operations and banking administration. The successful candidate should have a solid understanding of US GAAP, display a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and possess an eagerness to learn and execute.
- Lead all accounting activities for complex account balances, including (but not limited to) Loyalty Reserves, Allowance for Bad Debts, Leases and Capitalized Development ensuring compliance with US GAAP and Booking Holding Accounting Policies
- Provide suggestions for improvement to maximize accuracy and efficiency during audits
- Assist with implementation of suggested improvements
- Manage a team of 3, develop their skillsets to support their growth
- Liaise with Booking Holdings Treasury to support group-wide Treasury initiatives
- Oversee banking administration and maintain an up to date list of authorized signatories
- Review cash flow forecasts and assess cash needs / excess cash
- Oversee loan payable and receivable balances and ensure loan agreements are up to date
- Assist with various ad hoc projects as they arise
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA preferred
- 8+ years’ experience in industry and/or public accounting (Big 4 experience preferred)
- Experience with banking and treasury operations a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Outstanding written and communication skills
- Be comfortable working in a rapid change environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Solution focused with the ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks to meet timelines.
- NetSuite experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.) preferred
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Note: To receive estimated salary range information for this role pursuant to Connecticut's "An Act Concerning the Disclosure of Salary Range for a Vacant Position", email CTCareers@kayak.com. You must include the name of the position in your request.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We seek to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our partners. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.