We are seeking a Director, EMEA Communications to play a key role on the global communications team at KAYAK. The Director is a communications professional who will help build, manage and improve our brands’ strong reputation in the EMEA region via strategic PR efforts. This is a senior role that requires you to have leadership skills and be adept at operating at all levels of an organisation. You need to be comfortable managing senior executivess and leading outstanding creative PR programs.This role will sit in either the London, Copenhagen or Berlin office and report into the VP Communications for APAC and EMEA, who is based in Copenhagen.
- Create and lead creative, integrated PR programs in close coordination with teams across KAYAK
- Shape stories that resonate with key stakeholders including travelers, travel partners, media, influencers, social followers, and team
- Build external visibility programs and thought leadership platforms for leaders
- Drive media relations - pitch, maintain and develop strong media relationships
- Prepare leaders for media interviews and speaking opportunities
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of social media trends and content strategy
- Support on issues management and crisis communications in the EMEA region
- Think strategically about our brands’ positioning and potential opportunities in an exciting, competitive travel space
- While this role will primarily focus on KAYAK and our travel brands, including momondo, the Director will also support key OpenTable PR moments throughout the year
Minimum Experience And Qualifications
- Degree in Communications, Journalism or relevant area of study
- Proven track record creating and launching best-in-class PR campaigns
- 10+ years of experience in PR/communications
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, and an ability to navigate between multiple brands and partners across many locations globally
- Public relations agency experience; Travel/hospitality experience preferred; U.S. public company experience a plus (KAYAK and OpenTable are owned by Booking Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: BKNG)
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Flexible hours
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our partners. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.