OpenTable - KAYAK are looking for a team player to help navigate the fun and tasty compliance hurdles of dining and travel.
Based in our Zurich office, your role as a member of the Compliance & Ethics team will centre on effective implementation of our compliance program and high ethical standards, while helping the business navigate the constantly evolving travel and dining landscapes. This position will report to our Director of Compliance & Ethics based in Connecticut, United States. This is a phenomenal opportunity for any compliance professional who enjoys a challenge, has strong interpersonal skills, and a thirst for learning as much as they can about the business they support.
- Support and advise our business cross-functionally, from reviewing contract clauses related to the compliance function to assisting Human Resources and our Sales teams on related matters.
- Maintain compliance policies and procedures databases.
- Develop and execute compliance & ethics campaigns on relevant topics or initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Engineering team and other corporate partners for further development of the Company's global Third Party Risk Management program (e.g., sanction screening and vendor onboarding, etc.).
- Coordinate and develop the Company’s Conflict of Interest program.
- Maintain logs of compliance inquiries and activities, including compliance calls, government and regulatory inquiries, and reports from the Company’s Helpline and Case Management system.
- Assist in the administration of the Company’s Ethics Ambassador program.
- Assist with building compliance programs and providing relevant training to internal partners.
- Troubleshoot issues related to the Company’s learning management system.
- Assist in the development of the Company’s annual risk assessment and work plans.
- Assist with compliance audits and reviews, communicating results and recommendations in clear and concise written reports, and collaborate with management to ensure corrective actions are implemented optimally.
- Compile and analyse both internal and external information to prepare compliance audit data.
- International travel will be required.
- Maintain a knowledge base of regulatory requirements and rules affecting the business.
- Miscellaneous work as necessary to support the compliance and legal functions.
Experience / Education:
- 4+ years experience working in a compliance and ethics environment in a corporate setting or related field required.
- College Degree (4 year), Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional preferred (and required within 18 months of appointment to position).
Required Skills, Proficiencies & Personal Attributes:
- Strong project management, quantitative and qualitative analysis skills.
- Highest integrity commensurate with a compliance & ethics position.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptive; desire to operate in a dynamic and high-growth environment.
- Strong technical, communications, and writing skills.
- Creative problem solver who possesses sound business judgment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We seek to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our partners. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.