We are looking for a senior designer with illustrator experience to join our Global Brand Design team to drive and define the KAYAK brand as well as our portfolio of meta search brands such as momondo, HotelsCombined, Cheapflights, and more!
As part of our Brand team, you’ll be part of an independent design team that works closely and collaboratively with our Product Design, Marketing Design, Design System, and Internal Communications teams.
In this role, you'll need impeccable taste and strong understanding of typography and visual hierarchy to build beautiful, compelling concepts and assets that craft the KAYAK multi-brand experience and help evolve each of our brands to be outstanding.
We'll also count on you to ensure consistency in our communications across all employee and consumer touch points through brand audits, mentorship and guidance, as well as talks and presentations internally about our brands.
- Develop and deliver brand assets to a wide array of partners in the organization.
- Rapidly produce concepts and prototypes of brand application, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Assist with and create illustrations for use in our product and marketing.
- Brand Design Systems - identifying practical areas to extend and evolve KAYAK brands by developing intelligent and scalable design systems and design, crafting guidelines to codify and socialize those systems, and rationalizing all decisions with sound strategies.
- Be a front runner, setting examples for other designers and guiding them to understand how to work with our brands!
- Evangelize the virtues, character and level of quality KAYAK's brands internally.
- 4+ years of proven experience designing at consumer-focused product companies delivering outstanding user experiences.
- Expert ability to envision and build out cohesive brands that illustrates how it can evolve while maintaining strategic threads to key brand attributes and built equity.
- Experience working in the technology field passionate about working with Digital Marketing, UX, Product Design, Content, and Social Media teams.
- Excellent command of design fundamentals including typography, balance, harmony, negative space, photographic cropping, color theory, grid, etc.
- Experience with illustrating abstract concepts and brand based and technical messaging as well as maintaining libraries/systems for illustrations.
- Understanding of branding, how to build a branded system for campaigns and sub brands.
- In-depth understanding of cultural trends, the industry and marketplace.
- Excellent communication skills together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability. Able to break down and simplify sophisticated problems and being confident at presenting to a mixed audience of different levels in the organization.
- Be autonomous. Take full ownership of your work and full responsibility for every last detail. Own the success or failure of your design work.
- Experienced working in a dynamic design process where we let quantitative and qualitative customer data guide our designs.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to be self-directed and prioritize.
- A curiosity to learn and a willingness to be adaptable as new and different challenges constantly emerge.
- A strong portfolio of previous work, either online or in a PDF.
- A demonstrated ability with automating workflows
- Familiarity with high-fidelity mockup and prototyping tools (ie Sketch & Abstract, Figma, Principle, InVision, Framer)
- Formal education in design, a BA/ BFA/MFA degree.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Headspace Subscription
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.