KAYAK is looking for an engineer to be part one of our small backend teams. Our team is constantly iterating, designing, and coding our way to excellence. We're building the compelling user experiences that keep our product a step ahead of the competition. If you're an engineer who wants to work on a team of similarly talented, driven individuals, then we'd love to hear from you.
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Intermediate Java (5+ years experience), Reactor/Flux a plus.
- Amazing programming fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of APIs.
- Working knowledge of SQL, Hive/Hadoop/Snowflake a plus.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Ability to debug issues in a full-stack environment.
- Team player who likes to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level
- Someone who can handle a high volume of requests and prioritize their own work while taking infrastructure and business needs into account
- Must have excellent technical communication skills
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
5 weeks paid vacation
Day off on your birthday
Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Regular team events/excursions
Diversity and Inclusion at KAYAK/OpenTable
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.