OpenTable’s Customer Support team provides the touch point to our restaurants and dining customers. We are constantly developing new products to support the best dining experience for both our dining guests and our restaurant clients.
As one of our OpenTable Tier I Customer Support Representatives, we’ll rely on you to listen to our customers and use your expertise, creative solutions and passion to meet their needs—and remind them that behind our wonderful products are outstanding people committed to their success. Bonus points if you love restaurants!
A resident expert and mentor for many of our popular products, you are passionate about ensuring our customers have effective working systems, regularly providing support to install, maintain and troubleshoot hardware and software, as well as interface our products with other systems.
You are comfortable connecting with cross-team functions, and succinctly explaining concerns when raising assistance from those partners, you are an OpenTable emissary.
Willing to work a shift within our Melbourne Operation Hours 8AM-7:00PM seven days a week, including holidays.
- Ability to multitask across systems and applications, analyse and resolve a variety of customer's sophisticated technical issues by comfortably navigating an iOS, Mac, or PC environment.
- Ensuring that all reported incidents are accurately logged.
- Owning the progress of all problem queries and change requests.
- Gathering requirements for all change requests.
- Keeping customers up to date on how and when issues will be resolved, including action outbound and follow-up calls.
- Training restaurant employees, encouraging greater use of the OpenTable system and gathering customer feedback.
- Capturing all phone contacts in the internal CRM system and all email and chat contacts within the email management tool.
- Acting as point of reference for internal staff for all customer support issues.
- Availability to attend (up to) approximately three weeks of required training.
- Experience providing customer support, preferably in a software support environment. Restaurant and Hospitality experience is a plus.
- Strong communication skills: active listening, writing, typing and informal communication (English required, additional languages a plus).
- Solid understanding of current Microsoft Windows operating systems (client and server platforms), iOS and Apple Hardware.
- Experience with the use of support desk tools; Salesforce, Communities and live chat.
- A strong sense of ownership regarding the product and the issues arising from its use.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a bias towards customer service. resolutions.
- Friendly, professional and empathetic demeanour.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and enhance revenue.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners in over 80 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including Momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, Checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion:
We seek to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our partners.
OpenTable is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.