KAYAK and OpenTable help people discover the World through travel and dining with a worldwide group of brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. The Localization Team ensures a native experience for users of KAYAK and all its affiliated brands in 68 locales and 40 languages. We are looking for an experienced Localization Manager to join our multicultural and diverse team in Berlin.
You will own a variety of localization streams and optimize processes to ensure world-class delivery and operational efficiency. Reporting to the Director of Localization, you will own complex areas consisting of multiple work streams aligned to business goals and develop programs from planning stages to execution. You will develop strategic recommendations and solutions and prioritize opportunities and projects working cross-functionally with teams including Engineering, Product Management, SEO Product and Organic Growth.
Outstanding communication, exceptional project management and problem solving skills and in-depth knowledge of Localization and Internationalization processes are essential in this role.
- Help KAYAK/OpenTable provide a high-quality native user experience across all of our brands and platforms by identifying and addressing gaps, challenges & opportunities through data analysis
- Prioritize and manage localization initiatives across several business areas and content streams
- Proactively seek stakeholder feedback and drive process optimization to ensure high quality and efficiency
- Identify, test and validate improvements to our workflows, processes and tools
- Own localization data and analytics, and use insights to help drive strategic decisions
- Consistently document and report on results and initiatives
- Keep the team informed and aligned, communicating across departments (product, engineering, commercial, marketing, PR, customer support) and with the Executive/Leadership team, many of whom are located in different offices and time zones
- Support scalability of operations and develop improvements to our project management, quality and stakeholder management, communication & training
- Work with other functions (e.g. Engineering, Finance, HR, Legal & others) to implement solutions that meet technical and compliance requirements
- Develop others through training and coaching
Desired skills and experience
- You have at least 8 years experience managing localization and internationalization programs
- You have at least 2 years experience managing teams
- You have knowledge of multiple languages and are an excellent communicator
- You are fluent in numbers and comfortable with Excel/spreadsheets. SQL skills a plus
- You have an innovator’s mindset and experience with B2C travel technology or e-commerce
- You have extensive knowledge of globalization and localization processes, advocating for a native local user experience and evangelizing internationalization best practices
- You have strong analytical skills and a great attention to detail
- You have experience with Machine Translation and post editing as part of localization workflows
- You collaborate well with team members from all levels of the business, across time zones
- You understand how to align internationalization opportunities with business goals and support that with thoughtful decisions
- BS/BA required, MBA or similar experience a plus
- Experience with localization of right-to-left languages
- Experience localizing for APAC
- Experience with JIRA
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other's strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is part of Booking Holdings Inc. and operates sites in more than 60 countries and territories.
Benefits and Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget *
- Free lunch catering three days per week *
- Public transportation subsidies *
- Free German classes *
- Free Yoga classes *
- Free massages from Wellnow *
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
- Universal paid parental leave
* currently paused due to COVID
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.