Reporting to the Senior Payroll Manager, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing the semi-monthly/bi-weekly payroll for US Payroll.
- Responsibility to ensure payroll is paid timely and accurately
- Process payroll for multiple state jurisdictions
- Knowledge of Final Pay requirements for terminations
- Calculate/Process final pay outside of payroll cycle for terminations in states that require same day payments
- Partner with the HROps team to ensure payroll data flows seamlessly between Workday and ADP Data Bridge via Integration Data Files
- Process Integration feeds from HRIS Workday for New Hires, Direct Deposit, Terminations, Tax Changes, Benefit Deductions, relocation, and other ad-hoc changes for each payroll date
- Ensure all Integration Data Feeds are accurate before interface to ADP Data Bridge
- Interface all 1x payments for retro, monthly commission, bonuses and LOA’s
- Process hourly employee Timecards via Workday Time & Attendance and ensure these are accurately updated and paid in ADP Payroll
- Process Late timecards and contact employees for missing punches or issues with timecards
- Process garnishments and 401K deductions in ADP WFN
- Run reports in WD to capture and process all PTO for hourly employees
- Process RSU’s on a Quarterly basis and ensure ADP report files reconcile with Equity Corporate reports
- Run and review Quarterly 401K reports and ensure accuracy in 401K Eligible Compensation, Annual Deferral Limits and Employer Match
- Process all Leave of Absence payments provided by Benefits Team and Tristar (Vendor)
- Maintain payroll records (shared payroll folder) and follow established SOX processing procedures and company policies to ensure compliance
- Action and resolve Payroll queries in Zendesk ticketing management system on a timely manner, ideally within 24-48 hours
- Act as a point of contact for employees and managers
- Partner with GL Team to assist with reconciliation queries and post payroll reporting
- Prepare ad hoc reports upon request
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Are highly organized with excellent time management.
- Possess a strong collaborative approach and able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to drive internal customer satisfaction and provide timely information to business owners.
- Seek to research and resolve issues and escalate to management as needed. You have strong organizational and communication skills and able to prioritize, plan, perform and communicate activities and findings both in written and verbal form to individuals and management.
- 3 years of recent hands-on payroll experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration preferred
- Highly analytical and with strong knowledge of payroll protocols
- Software Experience – Workday, ADP. Proficient with Excel
- Ability to maintain data confidentiality and have a strong sense of professional integrity
- Have excellent attendance and ability to meet hard deadlines
- Strong attention to details and strives for consistent accuracy
- Proactive, flexible, assertive, and creative approach to problem solving
- Hands-on, strong work ethic and can-do attitude. Ability to adapt and change when needed
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
4 weeks paid vacation
Day off on your birthday
Generous retirement plans
Health, dental and vision insurance plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
No stupid meetings
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more creative ideas, products, and better outcomes for our team members. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
#LI - BB1