We are seeking a Senior Accountant to support the Accounting and Reporting team at KAYAK and OpenTable. The Accountant’s primary responsibilities will encompass aspects of the KAYAK Branded Hotel operations, US GAAP Tax provision, and Tax & Transfer Pricing forecasting. The successful candidate should have a solid understanding of US GAAP, display a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and possess an eagerness to learn and execute.
- Develop repeatable reporting and analyses for KAYAK Branded Hotels for scale
- Assist KAYAK Branded Hotels accountants in facilitating day to day accounting
- Load monthly financial information for KAYAK Branded Hotels to NetSuite and prepare flux analyses, including MoM and vs Budget
- Facilitate funding requests for KAYAK Branded Hotels, including submitting funding requests and recording all Debt related balances
- Record accounting entries for all other balances not handled by the local KAYAK Branded Hotels accountants
- Prepare reconciliations for balances not handled by the local KAYAK Branded Hotels accountants.
- Prepare and record the monthly US GAAP tax provision
- Assist with coordination, facilitation, and review of the quarterly US GAAP tax provision, including recording the provision in NetSuite
- Assist with coordination, facilitation, and review of Transfer Pricing and Tax provision forecasts (occurs 2 times per quarter)
- Coordinate with the Tax Team and maintain the accrual for Tax Professional Fees
- Identify areas for operational improvement, provide recommendations and execute on the changes
- Assist with monthly close, fluctuation analysis and other aspects of monthly reporting
- Assist with various ad hoc projects as they arise
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA preferred)
- 3-4 years’ experience with at least 2 years Public Accounting (Public/Private mix preferred)
- Experience with ASC 740 and US GAAP tax provision strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Be comfortable working in a rapid change environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Solution focused with the ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- NetSuite and Hyperion experience a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.)
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Since its inception in 1998, OpenTable has seated more than 2 billion diners in over 80 countries. The Company is headquartered in San Francisco, California, and the OpenTable service is available throughout the United States, as well as in Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, the UK and many more locations.
As an employee of OpenTable, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.