KAYAK and OpenTable are looking for a business-oriented Senior Legal Counsel to help navigate the fun and tasty world of travel and dining for our latest entrepreneurial endeavor, KAYAK Hotels.
Based in one of our U.S. offices and reporting to our Associate General Counsel based in Cambridge, MA, your role will center on effective scaling and execution of the legal infrastructure for our KAYAK Hotels project, including supporting our KAYAK Hotels internal partners.
- Primary Legal team member for the KAYAK Hotels project, tasked with scaling the legal components of the project, proactively spotting and advising on issues, and ensuring senior management and other team members are informed of status
- Work with Product, Engineering, Design, Accounting and other corporate partners for the rollout and ongoing management of each property along with related product integrations
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and agreements related to the hotel and restaurant leases, licenses, operations and management, and the related software operating system
- Develop the legal risk infrastructure, management and mitigation procedures for KAYAK Hotels properties and restaurants, and related integrations
- Work with Privacy and Security teams to ensure data collection, storage, privacy and security practices of KAYAK Hotels are compliant
- Be the expert to our internal team members for all KAYAK Hotels properties' contract obligations and deadlines with multiple strategic partners
- Advise our teams, from reviewing operating, marketing, sales, and product/engineering projects related to KAYAK Hotels, to assisting human resources and our dining and travel customer support teams on related matters
- Coordinate KAYAK Hotels-related matters across Booking Holdings
Experience / Education
- 6+ years experience in-house and law firm focusing on hospitality, commercial real estate, hotel operations and related licensing, permitting and branding
- Experience building the legal infrastructure for a new or rebranded hotel or restaurant chain
- J.D. from a nationally or internationally-recognized law school
- Thorough knowledge of laws, regulations and trends affecting hospitality, hotel or restaurant operations, or commercial real estate practices
- Licensed attorney in the state of your home office or New York
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to bring projects from start to finish
- Experience leading teams and driving multi-faceted projects outside the strictly legal realm
Benefits at KAYAK
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Company matched retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, and games
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of meta-search brands including momondo, Cheapflights, Swoodoo, checkfelix and Mundi. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each other’s strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.