KAYAK and OpenTable are looking for a business-oriented Privacy Program Manager & Junior Counsel to help navigate the fun and tasty world of privacy in dining and travel.
This role will report to and support our Privacy Counsel and Data Protection Officer based in Cambridge, MA, and focus on project management and effective implementation of our global privacy program, as well as supporting our business functions on privacy matters. This is an office based role, with flexibility to be based in one of our offices located in Cambridge, MA, Stamford, CT, San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA. Responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day management of our global privacy program, including meeting key quarterly and annual milestones and ensuring senior management is apprised of our progress
- Collaborating on privacy audits and remediation, regularly tracking and reporting compliance with our internal privacy control framework and other privacy program metrics
- Interpreting relevant privacy regulations and translating them into internal privacy controls requirements, and creating a privacy compliance roadmap
- Developing and planning internal privacy trainings and awareness efforts on a regular basis, including conducting virtual and -- when safe to travel again -- in-person trainings across our 20+ global locations
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing privacy and data protection terms including data protection agreements pursuant to Article 28 of the GDPR
- Advancing privacy by design efforts such as reviewing privacy impact assessments and advising travel and dining product teams throughout the product life cycle
- Creating and administering policies and procedures to strengthen our data governance practices
- Supporting and advising our business cross-functionally, from reviewing marketing, sales, and product/engineering initiatives to assisting human resources and our dining and travel customer support teams on privacy matters
- Coordinating with other privacy professionals across the Booking Holdings group of companies on practices that have a global and group-wide impact on privacy
Experience / Education
- At least 4 years’ experience in-house and/or law firm focusing on privacy and data protection regulations
- Prior experience helping to manage a global privacy program
- J.D. from a nationally or internationally-recognized law school
- CIPP/US, CIPP/EU, CIPM or equivalent professional certification strongly preferred (and will be required to be obtained)
- Thorough knowledge of laws, regulations and trends affecting global privacy and data use practices, in particular GDPR and CCPA
- Licensed attorney in the State of Massachusetts or elsewhere preferred
- Independent, proactive, and “roll up your sleeves” attitude
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive projects from start to finish
About KAYAK and OpenTable:
OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), powers reservations for the hospitality industry. OpenTable’s software seats more than 1 billion people per year and helps more than 60,000 restaurants, bars, wineries and other venues attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
KAYAK, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the world’s leading travel search engine. With billions of queries across our platforms, we help people find their perfect flight, stay, rental car, cruise, or vacation package. We’re also transforming the in-travel experience with our app and new accommodation software. For more information, visit www.KAYAK.com.
Benefits and perks
4 weeks paid vacation
Day off on your birthday
Generous retirement plans
Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
Flexible Spending Accounts
No stupid meetings
Universal Paid Parental leave
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.