We are seeking a Director, Global Tax. The Director will be part of a world-class finance operation inside KAYAK and OpenTable, both key brands of Booking Holdings Inc. The Director will work collaboratively to manage the strategy and operations of the global tax function. This role is highly visible and will liaise with senior management, the finance team and the broader business.
The Director will promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that embodies KAYAK and OpenTable’s values and culture. The Director will manage compliance and reporting while overseeing the global tax team and external advisors. To be successful in the role you will need outstanding project management skills and exceptional communication skills. You have proven experience in both domestic and international tax matters. You thrive in a fast paced environment. You are ready, willing and able to execute on both the short
and long-term tax initiatives required to support KAYAK and OpenTable's dynamic growth. You promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement.
● Lead the global tax function including people, process, strategy.
● Oversee our global tax provision disclosures (including review of quarterly and annual income tax provision workpapers, journal entries, and disclosures, documentation of uncertain tax positions, and analysis of tax balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance, integrity of account balances/financial reporting and effectiveness of business processes).
● Work collaboratively with the tax and accounting functions of Booking Holdings Inc.
● Build cross-functional relationships across the business (Accounting, FP&A, Legal, HR, etc.).
● Strengthen the tax team's partnership and influencing skills.
● Lead a small but talented internal team of people. Coach and develop staff to create a supportive team that encourages constant learning and career development.
● Analyze federal, state and local and international tax planning efforts, including identification of issues, proper structuring and implementation of effective and efficient tax strategies.
● Manage the global transfer pricing strategy and ensure compliance with US and international requirements, including documentation and intercompany agreements.
● Monitor international and US legislation to assess implications on the existing structure, as well as to develop viable alternatives where changes in tax laws impact us.
● Develop relevant training and communication for leadership and business partners to build tax acumen regarding US and international tax structures and their impact on our business.
● Manage and direct compliance efforts for SOX 404 for all tax function controls and documentation requirements.
● Manage and support external auditors' review of the income tax provision.
● Develop management reporting and commentary that provides senior leaders with timely insights into tax related issues, trends, and risks.
● A Bachelor's degree in Accounting with a CPA, MST, and/or JD preferred.
● 10+ years of tax experience in a public accounting firm and/or multinational publicly listed company (including 6+ years of international tax planning experience).
● Prior experience leading a tax function and managing tax compliance.
● Strong technical tax skills with emphasis on tax issues related to tax planning, indirect taxes, international tax, and transfer pricing.
● Demonstrated tax accounting experience.
● Technical tax expertise; knowledge of U.S. and international tax.
● Experience in tax accounting principles (e.g., ASC 740, FIN 48, SOX 404).
● Experience with managing tax software (g., Thomson Reuters, Vertex).
● Outstanding written, oral, and presentation skills on complex tax matters to broad audiences.
● Big 4 experience is a plus.
About KAYAK and OpenTable
KAYAK is the world’s leading travel search engine. KAYAK searches other travel sites and shows travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages. The company’s website and apps also offer tools to help travelers plan and manage their trip, including price alerts, price forecasts and free itinerary management. Each year, KAYAK processes more than one
billion searches for travel information and has more than 40 international sites and 20 languages. KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc.
OpenTable is the world's leading provider of online restaurant reservations, seating approximately 12 million diners per month via online bookings across 28,000 restaurants. The OpenTable network connects restaurants and diners, helping diners discover and book the perfect table and helping restaurants deliver personalized hospitality to keep guests coming back. In addition to the company's
website and mobile apps, OpenTable powers online reservations for nearly 600 partners, including many of the Internet's most popular global and local brands. Headquartered in San Francisco, California, we have team members in the United States, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico and the UK.
Diversity and Inclusion at OpenTable/ KAYAK
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that when we have diverse teams we produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.