While being part of KAYAK you will be working for one of our brands - OpenTable. We are on a mission to power outstanding dining experiences because we enjoy what can happen around the restaurant table.
As we seek to improve and enrich that experience for our diner and restaurant customers, we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our SFX team. We operate in a pod model, with small groups of engineers focusing on well-defined and impactful milestones, both in the product and engineering areas. We value fluidity and shared work between teams, and you will have plenty of opportunities to explore the different parts of our infrastructure.
In this new role, you will:
- Build new ways for users to discover restaurants on a modern platform powered by technologies such as React, Redux, and GraphQL.
- Craft useful and practical user interfaces for finding restaurants by building better user experience for our popular desktop and mobile sites.
- Improve yourself and your team by learning new skills and sharing knowledge with others.
- Voice your opinions and positively influence what we do, how we do it, and why.
- Use data insights such as A/B Testing or User Research to improve the experience for our diners.
OpenTable teams are independent and come up with their way of working. In our team, we use two-week sprints to prioritise and drive work. How do you prefer to contribute? You will have lots of opportunities to affect our process.
Enjoying what you do and being able to progress in your career is important to us. Not everyone wants to become a manager, so OpenTable offers parallel tracks for both the technical and management roles, which you can switch between at any time.
You will make a great candidate for the role if:
- You have an empathetic mindset and enjoy working with developers, designers and product owners of all career levels.
- You are comfortable working with code both on the server-side and client-side.
- You have experience with building and maintaining a full-stack Node application.
- You value testing as a way to ensure a great user experience.
- You possess an appetite for continually refining and improving the end-user experience as well as the developer experience.
In our teams, nobody knows everything, and we don't expect you to either. You'll be encouraged to learn on the job, and we have dedicated culture time at the end of our sprints for people to explore, learn and be creative.
OpenTable engineers come from diverse backgrounds, and we believe that a team with a broad set of experiences can produce outstanding results. You are not required to have a computer science degree; in fact, several of us have social science degrees or no degree at all.
You will regularly work with our development teams all over the world, from San Francisco to London.
We aspire to have a workplace that reflects all of the diverse communities we serve. We know that diversity can allow us to produce more innovative ideas, products, services, and better business outcomes for our stakeholders. OpenTable/KAYAK is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we welcome and encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply for roles on our team. Whoever you are, just be you.
Benefits and Perks
- Day off on your birthday
- Free lunch once a week
- Flexible hours
- Headspace subscription
- Regular team events/excursions
- Additional paid paternity leave
- Generous healthcare insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc. (if you are up for it)
When joining KAYAK/OpenTable you will be entitled to our compensation package. In addition to the regular salary, you will have a possibility to be granted RSU and annual bonus under KAYAK’s internal rules. The base salary is from 1000 EUR to 2100 EUR (netto). Other bonuses will depend on your performance.