We are looking for a Manager of Accounting to support the general ledger Accounting process at KAYAK. The Manager of Accounting is responsible for overseeing all general ledger-related activities, such as: proper application of US GAAP, recording accounting transactions (monthly, quarterly, annual), reviewing balance sheet account reconciliations and account analysis. We are looking for someone who has excellent problem solving skills, is a strong communicator, thrives on process improvement and enjoys working in a challenging, fast-paced environment to support our continued growth.
● Managing month-end close process, ensuring compliance with SOX;
● Preparing flux analysis and management commentary;
● Ability to complete timely reviews and approval of all balance sheet accounts, including
monthly bank reconciliation and general ledger account reconciliations;
● Possessing strong accounting knowledge with shown ability to analyze and solution
technical and operational accounting issues;
● Overseeing process alignment across OpenTable and KAYAK brands and develop
scalable processes across both brands while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
● Oversee financial statement analysis of OpenTable and KAYAK performed by
● Diving into the details and identifying issues, eliminate inefficiencies by revamping
processes and utilization of internal systems and tools;
● Identify areas for operational improvement, provide recommendations and execute on
● Liaise with Tax on matters that cross over between Tax and GL Accounting;
● Oversee and manage payroll accounting and liaise with Payroll team;
● Lead operational expense accruals by working directly with the accounting team and key
partners of the Company;
● Assistance with development, maintenance and documentation of all policies and
procedures related to assigned areas of responsibility.
● Developing the team, guide and mentor direct reports in the GL team. Provide training
● Work alongside the team on strategic, ad-hoc projects related to challenges we will face
as a growing, multi-national company.
You are detail oriented while also able to see the big picture. When faced with a problem, you propose a solution. You love understanding the why behind the numbers, exercise professional skepticism and maintain a natural curiosity. You have shown ability to prioritize your work, manage to deadlines and keep your manager well informed. You are a self-starter with an ability to manage multiple tasks. You can work independently but know when to ask for assistance, and you take pride in ownership over your areas. You are able to effectively communicate with team members and management.
Education, experience and skills:
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
● CPA preferred
● Combined accounting experience of 5-8 years of experience with a mix of public and
● Demonstrated ability to lead, manage an accounting team and drive continuous process
● At least 3 years of people management experience. Proven ability to recruit, manage,
train and coach staff
● Excellent interpersonal and planning skills, including task prioritization and effective time
● Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP, pivot tables, etc.)
● Experience with accounting software such as NetSuite a plus
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high level of attention to detail
● Excellent interpersonal skills both verbal and written, ability to communicate confidently
and professionally with all levels within the organization.
● Solution focused with the ability to prioritize and lead multiple tasks in order to meet
About Our Team
Our Finance team supports the business: we provide reports, pay the bills and our people, collect money, crunch numbers and meet stringent compliance standards and deadlines – and we have fun while doing it. We take our responsibilities seriously, as we do the company Halloween competition. We enjoy working together and with our cross-functional colleagues around the globe. We value integrity, personal accountability and proactive thinking, and we take pride in mentorship and in crafting opportunities for professional growth and advancement. Does this sound like you? If so, lets chat!
At KAYAK, we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
● 4 weeks paid vacation and a day off on your birthday
● Generous retirement plans and awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
● Flexible Spending Accounts
● No stupid meetings
● Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
● Weekly catered lunches
● Flexible hours
● Free massages from professional masseuse
● Regular team events/excursions
● Universal Paid Parental leave
● We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.