We are seeking a Tax and Accounting Specialist to support the EMEA Tax team at KAYAK and
OpenTable. Reporting to the Tax Manager in Zurich, this position will support on all aspects of
statutory reporting and tax for KAYAK and OpenTable in EMEA. In addition to the day-to-day
responsibilities, the position will work closely with the team members to help shape the global tax function supporting beloved travel brands across the globe. The successful candidate should 1) love numbers and be able to focus on the detail as well as the big picture, 2) possess learning
and growth mindset who continues to challenge the status quo and improve processes, and 3)
needs to be very well organized to handle varied and diverse challenges.
- Support the statutory financial statement preparation and related audits in the EMEA region working closely with the accounting team, outside advisors and auditors
- Support and improve the annual & quarterly tax accounting process and ensure
- Corporate deliverables and inquiries are accurately and timely addressed
- Support the monthly close process
- Support the income / indirect tax compliance process by retrieving data, preparing tax returns to ensure accurate information is submitted by the due date
- Review and improve existing processes and implement changes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of tax controls and processes
- Support on tax and statutory controversy matters including audits for the region
- Bachelors degree, preferably with an emphasis in accounting, finance, economics or a data science (an advanced degree in tax or law is a bonus)
- 3-5 years of Public Accounting / in-house corporate accounting/tax experience (Technology industry experience is a plus)
- Strong understanding of global tax accounting & compliance requirements / processes
- Working knowledge of IFRS / US GAAP
- Experience with preparing financial statements
- Ability to produce timely deliverables and manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work with all levels of employees and cross functional groups, results driven with high level of integrity
- Ability to communicate or present issues and its solutions in a clear and effective manner
- Tax/Accounting work experiences for companies in Switzerland, UK, Germany is a plus.
- Must be fluent in excel and have ability to work with large data sets. Understanding of financial modelling is a plus.
- German is desirable. English is essential. Other Languages will also be useful.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
5 weeks paid vacation
Day off on your birthday
Health Insurance subsidy
Free German classes
Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
Regular team events/excursions
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.