KAYAK is looking for an ambitious and hardworking senior user experience designer with a solid background in developing intelligent and delightful solutions! This role requires customer focus, a data-driven approach and awareness of current practices for app and web UX design. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about user-centered design and be able to thrive with minimal process and direction.
What You'll Do:
- Work collaboratively with product managers, designers and developers to identify user problems and design innovative solutions
- Champion user focus throughout the product design process
- Define UX style guides and usability patterns to drive efficiency and consistency in our user experience
- Use centrally developed design patterns, contributing to patterns, and modifying them as necessary to support extension development.
- Lead design sprints to create high fidelity, customer validated design artifacts.
- Champion ongoing improvements by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics and usability analysis
- Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups and prototypes
- Make recommendations to team members about which user research methodologies to leverage during the product lifecycle based on project’s needs, goals and constraints
- Assist in planning and conducting user research, ranging from guerrilla testing, remote usability testing, or lab based testing
What We Seek:
- At least 3+ (5+) years of experience in a user experience or interaction design role
- Proven consumer mind-set with a strong preference for a mass consumer product in travel or other eCommerce
- Specific experience in successfully designing and developing new products on web and mobile, with confirmed ability to influence decisions
- Experience with designing in a global context, across languages and locales
- Experience with design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Principle, Framer, Studio, Axure, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, especially with team members in other timezones
- Highly detail-oriented and analytical skills absolutely required
- Experience mentoring other UX focused designers a plus
- Excellent problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Good business judgment, BS/BA required, MS/PhD a plus, ideally in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering, or other meaningful technical field or commensurate experience.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.