KAYAK is seeking a highly-motivated Associate of Commercial Partnerships who will be helping our commercial activities in North America, building and maintaining business relationships with our distribution partners in rental cars, package and cruise. You will be great in this position if you have a strong understanding of consumer behavior, excellent analytical skills and thrive working closely with engineering, design, and business teams. To succeed you are a self-starter and able to thrive in an agile, fast-paced and data-driven environment.
This position will report into a Senior Director of Commercial Partnerships and be based in Stamford, CT or Cambridge, MA.
- Build, negotiate, and maintain relationships with partners in rental cars, package and cruise
- Continually pitch and monitor advertising placements and revenue
- Identify and address gaps in content within the search results.
- Maximize existing relationships in terms of revenue generation and form new partnerships to benefit KAYAK’s product and users.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of content on KAYAK and of partnerships with third parties.
- Develop strong relationships and work cross-functionally with the KAYAK commercial, product and engineering teams.
- Measure product performance using business and user metrics, establish relevant reports.
- Monitor the competitive landscape of travel search sites, identify KAYAK weaknesses, formulate/execute a plan to close the gap.
- At least 2 years of meaningful experience, travel industry, online experience a plus
- Excellent negotiator and target driven
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, perhaps you’re a closet numbers junkie
- Highly detail-oriented, problem solving and analytical skills absolutely required
- Previous e-marketing experience desired, including an understanding of performance metrics
- Strong aptitude for online auction based bidding
- Ability to handle complex, multi-faceted relationships
- Consistent track record of exceeding expectations through superior project management
- Ability to run projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively liaise with both internal technical teams and senior members of the KAYAK commercial team
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
- BA/BS degree required
Benefits and perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.