KAYAK is seeking a highly-motivated Commercial Partnerships Executive who will be helping our commercial activities in Asia Pacific, building and maintaining business relationships with our distribution partners in flight, hotel, packages and rental cars. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of consumer behavior, outstanding analytical skills, and the ability to work closely with KAYAK’s engineering, design, and business teams. Candidates must be self-starters and able to thrive in an agile, fast-paced and data-centric environment.
This position will report into the Commercial Partnerships Manager and will be based in Taipei.
- Build and maintain business relationships with distribution partners in flight, hotel, package, and rental car.
- Identify and address gaps in content within the search results.
- Improve existing relationships in terms of revenue generation and form new partnerships to benefit KAYAK’s product and users.
- Analyze and monitor the performance of content on KAYAK and of partnerships with third parties.
- Liaise with engineering and product teams to identify, escalate, and resolve technical issues from provider-meta connectivity.
- Measure product performance using business and user metrics, establish relevant reports.
- Monitor the competitive landscape of travel search sites, identify KAYAK weaknesses, formulate/execute a plan to close the gap.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience, travel industry experience a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills a must.
- Ability to lead complex, multifaceted relationships.
- Consistent track record of exceeding expectations through outstanding project management.
- Ability to handle projects of varying size and scope simultaneously while prioritizing appropriately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation experience.
- Technical background or relevant online experience.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively liaise with both internal technical teams and senior members of the KAYAK commercial team.
- Must be highly detail-oriented.
- Good sense of humor and loves working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment.
- BA/BS degree required.
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English & professional level Japanese.
- Additional Asian languages a major plus (Korean would be a plus).
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
What we offer
- Exciting, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial culture.
- Day off on your birthday.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.