As a Product Designer in KAYAKs Sydney team, your squad has been charged with growing and scaling one of our B2B products. Your task - own, drive and deliver on the entire life cycle of design.
We have cultivated a culture where Human Centered Design methodologies not only create beautiful, functional and valuable finished products, but also assist the business in defining user and human value.
Who we are looking for:
- A hit-the-ground-running Product Designer with a UX as well as UI skillset (no, they are not the same!)
- Someone who loves to use both qual and quant data to understand our users biggest problems, and take ideas and concepts to craft them into user centred and innovative design solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills, a real storyteller who has the personality and presence to own a room and have the ability to bring numerous stakeholders on a design journey.
Following our product design guidelines you are empowered to own your projects end to end, and we will give you the tools to:
- Do plenty of research:
- We love qual and encourage you to facilitate research, run workshops and conduct usability sessions as you see fit.
- We love numbers too. With millions of users per day, you will have the tools and systems to deep-dive into oceans of data. You even have the help of our friendly data science and analytics teams if writing SQL isn’t your thing.
- Create insights:
- Document and refine your insights and learnings into storytelling artefacts that can be shared across our global business.You could build on personas, journey maps, empathy maps or feature recommendations. The opportunities for slicing and dicing data into valuable stories are endless.
- Design & Validate your work:
- You have the freedom to choose to create the artefacts needed to achieve your goals.
- Build lo-fi wireframes, hi-fi prototypes, interaction widgets or whiteboard scrawls.
- Want to test your designs? Go for it. Go out on the street or bring people into the office. You will also have a team of over 2000 colleagues worldwide to get feedback from.
- UI is what brings it all together - it is what our users see and experience. You will work with our design system to iterate on new and existing components to design clean, pixel perfect, and engineer-ready UI.
- Collaborate with a squad of Product Managers and Engineers to design the best user and business centric solutions, plan feature lifecycles, experiment roadmaps, and define AC for your engineers.
- Work in an agile scrum practice, with a dedicated coach assisting the team on delivering multiple releases per week.
- Receive guidance and mentorship, participate in feedback sessions (individually and as a team), present your work to your teammates and wider business partners, and collaborate with all areas of the business to drive and educate on the value of a qualitative and user centered design methodology.
You must have:
- A formal qualification in UX (e.g. GA, Xi or similar)
- A portfolio with proven experience of best practice UX approach
- Strong experience with visual and UI design
- Effective communication, collaboration and storytelling skills
- Experience (or an aptitude!) with design software such as Adobe CC, Sketch
- Full Australian work rights for this role (Permanent Resident or Citizen) as this is a 12 month full-time fixed term contract
… and it would be a real bonus if you have experience with:
- Dashboards and reporting
- Design systems i.e Abstract
- Interaction design
- Agile/scrum environment
What’s on offer:
- We’re growing, so there will be plenty of opportunities for you to grow your career with us... we invest time and money into your learning - attending conferences, hosting and attending ‘brown bag’ lunches, meet ups, and making sure craft and support individual learning opportunities
- We like to achieve a balance between work and life... so have flexible working hours and the option to work remotely as needed
- Day off for your birthday
- Relaxed dress code
- Plenty of tasty food, drinks and snacks available with a pool table and bar
- Work with a really smart, fun group of people
- Attractive salary package
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of Metasearch brands including KAYAK, Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel. KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
HotelsCombined was acquired by KAYAK in late 2018 and this is an exciting time to join our team.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you