We are looking for a forward-thinking and hardworking Data Engineer who craves to learn and deliver every single day. As a Data Engineer, you will join KAYAK's Programmatic Marketing team in our Berlin, Cambridge and Kaunas offices. You will be taking care of data parsing, analysing, investigating, interpreting, modelling, and extracting knowledge from large volumes of data. One of your main goals will stepping ahead to process data in order to help drive better business decisions in our fast-paced environment. If you love travelling and want to work on a team of similarly talented, driven individuals, we'd love to hear from you.
- Mastering extraction of data from databases, writing scripts to parse, clean, combine, and process them
- Your goal will be to build dashboards and visualisations of processed data, identify trends, anomalies
- Investigation of data problems, identification of patterns will be your top game
- Drawing inferences and conclusions, communicating results through reports, charts, or tables
- Defining and implementing KPIs in conjunction with the business team
- University degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Math/Physics
- Expertise of SQL and databases is a requirement, with Hive/Hadoop a plus
- Excellent programming skills with at least one high-level language such as Python, Java, or C/C++
- Good knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and statistics
- Knowledge of Unix shell scripting is valued
- Knowledge of Machine Learning would be a plus
- Superb interpersonal skills in English (both spoken and written), additional languages are a plus
- Relevant experience in similar role
- You are an outstanding teammate who loves to engage with colleagues at a professional and personal level
- You can handle a high volume of requests with frequent interruptions and prioritise their work while taking infrastructure and business needs into account
- You have an extraordinary technical communication skills
momondo is a free, independent and inspirational global travel search site comparing billions of cheap flights, hotels and car hire deals. We think everybody should be able to travel the world, because travelling makes us more open-minded and tolerant.
We offer a global brand that is more than merely a functionality: it is a bold and colourful travel universe that inspires people to travel the world and to be curious about other people, places, cultures and ways of living.
We were founded in 2006, and today we’re over 250 people from over 40 countries in our head office in Copenhagen, Denmark. momondo is managed by KAYAK, an independent subsidiary of Booking Holdings Inc. We’re all passionate about our work, and we all take great pride in opening the world together with our fellow travellers.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits & Perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Pension plan contributions
- Health insurance
- No stupid meetings
- Lunch catering five days per week
- Monthly massages
- An awesome office in the city centre of Copenhagen
- Multiple social events, e.g. wine and beer tasting, football, yoga, Friday bars, foosball
- A great team of social and passionate professionals
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.