Are you the missing link between brand tone of voice and ux copy? We're looking for a Senior UX Writer to join our Product team and be the point-person for copy quality, brand voice and content strategy. You’ll work closely with Product Managers, Designers, Data Scientists and Engineers, as well as synchronizing with an international network of writers across KAYAK’s brands.
What you’ll do:
- Understand our user audience and their needs in order to inform product ideas and transform concepts into communication
- Plan, write, edit, test and improve product copy that drives business metrics or impacts team goals
- Communicate and be responsible for a clear brand voice throughout our product
- Work across multiple Product teams, aligning with their priorities and business goals
- Ensuring all copy has the accurate context for efficient translation and can scale globally
- Get involved in bringing features to life by working closely with design, product and engineering to ensure copy is considered as early as possible in the process
What you’ll need:
- Native fluency in English as well as a proficiency of its usage
- 5+ years of experience in developing copy strategy and in product UX writing
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your skill with words as well as your reasons for using them
- Experience with the application of persuasive techniques and psychological approaches to copywriting
- Experience with building and/or using brand voice style guides
- Proven ability to identify opportunities on a product or within an organisation to improve how users understand and interact with KAYAK
- Experience working deeply embedded within a product team alongside designers, engineers and product owners
Experience with writing for translation (knowledge of other languages is a plus).
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, were able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
Benefits and Perks
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Weekly catered lunches
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from a professional massage therapist
- Regular team events/excursions
- Universal Paid Parental leave
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.