The primary responsibility of the Billing Specialist is to assist with the monthly close process and manage the accounts receivable and revenue functions at KAYAK. The successful candidate will be detail-oriented, organized, a team player, have a solid understanding of internal controls, be able to multi-task and have strong communication skills.
- Review and reconcile advertising invoices and revenue
- Create and review all intercompany brands monthly invoices
- Assist in monthly revenue process, including estimating monthly revenue and analyzing all variances
- Process and review monthly billing (distribution, advertising)
- Work closely with the commercial team
- Play a major role in the monthly close process, including preparing journal entries and related account reconciliations
- Review contracts to ensure proper Insertion Order creation in Salesforce
- Perform reconciliations between billing systems and ensure SOX compliance (Netsuite, Salesforce and COGNOS)
- Research account disputes and billing discrepancies
- Assist in automating and/or streamlining processes
Education, Experience and Skills:
You need outstanding people management skills and project management skills. You are organized, pay close attention to detail and actively collaborate to produce results consistently. Specific requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2-3 years of previous billing experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, as well as strong negotiation skills
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we’re able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is a part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Awesome health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Flexible hours
- Free massages from professional masseuse
- Regular team events/excursions
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.