KAYAK Software Corporation is in the process of building out a security team in Europe. As the first member of this team, you will have the opportunity to help build the security presence in Europe of a world leader in online travel. We believe that fostering innovative thinking is critical to ensuring both the success of our security initiatives and the integrity of our corporate and customer data. We are seeking creative and motivated people that have a passion for engineering to help lead these initiatives!
- Hire, train and manage a team of 1-2 Security Engineers.
- Remain current with new security threats and assess systems to ensure they can defend the business.
- Constantly research capabilities of current and new disruptive solutions on the market and make recommendations to security leadership.
- Help develop security team standards, policies, procedures and processes.
- Investigate and monitor security incidents.
- Identify application security issues and work with our developers to get fixes implemented.
- Help to improve our scanning and vulnerability management program.
- Contribute to our security incident response playbook and policies.
- Bachelors in relevant Security, IT, Computer Science/Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience.
- Strong analytical thinking abilities.
- Extensive knowledge of security controls and technologies, such as Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems, intrusion detection/prevention systems (IDS/IPS), public key infrastructure (PKI), identity and access management (IDAM) systems, antivirus and firewalls, endpoint detection and response (EDR), threat intelligence platforms, security automation and orchestration, deception technologies and application controls.
- Familiarity with NIST CSF framework or similar.
- Familiarity with PCI DSS requirements and controls.
- Familiarity with GDPR requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of Linux, OS X and Windows operating systems.
- Significant experience with Active Directory and group policy management.
- Strong spoken and written English language skills.
- Experience with Splunk, Tenable, and DarkTrace IDS technologies.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Familiarity with penetration testing tools such as Burp Suite, Metasploit.
- Familiarity with firewall, network switch and router management.
- Familiarity with Java.
- Familiarity with Puppet.
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
Benefits and perks
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Annual education budget
- Free lunch catering three days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages from Wellnow
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc
- Regular team events and volunteering opportunities
- Sport teams (Football, Volleyball, Basketball)
- Flexible hours
- In-house gym facilities
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.