We are looking for Product Performance Engineering intern to improve and maintain KAYAK’s world leading search and booking technology. We integrate with over 200 travel partners and link to over 500,000 hotels and 550 airlines. You will be an essential part of a high powered team that keeps all of this running smoothly – helping millions of people find the best hotels and the best ways to fly from A to B every day!
This position will be based in our Cambridge, MA office from January to April 2020.
- Build test tools
- Test the performance and efficiency of one or more KAYAK products
- Analyze the results of those tests
- Identify bottlenecks and underperforming algorithms
- College Junior-level Computer Science or programming skills
- Verbal and written communication.
- Hands-on experience in Java, Python and/or Ruby.
- Quantitative analysis.
- Some understanding of hardware and software design and design tradeoffs.
- Enthusiasm for code quality, rigor in testing.
- High energy, hungry to learn, not afraid to ask questions
At KAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees – no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.